Most importantly, our award-winning play mats are proudly:
- Non-toxic; PVC-free, BPA-free and free of toxic chemicals (plasticisers, phthalates, cadmium, lead and many more relating to the use of additives in toxic plastic.)
- Hypoallergenic and does not off-gas Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs.)
- Waterproof for ease from accidental food spills or boo-boos.
- Multifunctional – it transforms to suit your needs – from a nappy-change station for bubs, it can also double as a lounging or exercise mat for adults.
- Easy to maintain and clean with a daily wipe.
- Lightweight and portable, easy to roll up and store when not in use.
Large: 200cm (L) x 140cm (W) x 15mm thick (4.2kg)
Small: 100cm (L) x 140cm (W) x 15mm thick (2.4kg)
MATERIAL: Non-toxic TPU Foam
BONUS FEATURE: All Little Wiwa® play mats come rolled up with 3 Velcro straps in the packaging – these are reusable! They are handy for when you have to roll them up again for cleaning/ to take them outdoors/ playdates – so be sure not to cut them off 🙂
PLEASE NOTE: Due to absence of toxic additives to TPU material, an ageing process comes naturally with the mats and you might find fading and discolouration over time with usage.
The timeframe of the ageing depends on the factors and conditions the mat is used and placed within. This process may be accelerated due to heat and humid conditions, prolonged direct exposure to sunlight and/or cleaning practices using harsh cleaning agents.
Particularly with designs in white/lighter colour palettes, the ageing process may present as a yellowing on the surface and/or edges of mat that have been heat-sealed. This ageing process is not a fault but simply a characteristic of TPU material, and we hope you make an informed decision on the colours that you choose prior to purchase. Please refer to our Product Care instructions for best practise and how to minimise discolouration! 🙂
All our play mats have been tested independently and are compliant with Australian & New Zealand AS/NZS ISO 8124 Toy Standards as well as European EN71 Toy Standards.
PRODUCT CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- We highly recommend wiping the mat(s) clean with warm water and soft clean cloth for everyday cleaning.
- When cleaning your play mat, you should always try the recommended daily method of cleaning with a clean cloth with warm water first. If this is proven to be ineffective for your needs, for stubborn stains or grease, you are able to use a light dilution of mild pH balanced soap (such as your basic dishwashing liquid that you use to wash your plates) with warm water (ratio 1:5) and use a clean damp cloth with a gentle sweeping motion with very light pressure.
- As this is the recommended method of gently cleaning your mat, if you feel that there is a need to use further cleaning products outside of our recommendation, choice of product will be at the user’s own risk and discretion. We would recommend that a spot test is performed prior to using the choice of cleanser by leaving it on your mat to react for at least 48 hours before using. Kindly note that any side effects and/or damages (immediate or gradual) from the use of any cleaning method outside of our recommendation is not covered by our Warranty Policy.
- Ensure that the play mat in used/ stored in dry and well ventilated/ aerated areas. Spaces that has poor ventilation and rising damp areas may cause mould/mildew to occur and this may not be reversible.
- Do not use any strong cleaning agents as prolonged use may damage/ discolour the mat.
- Most baby wipes contain fragrance stabilisers which are of alcohol functional groups that act as preservative-like properties. They are certainly antimicrobial but unfortunately alcohol is not suitable to clean TPU materials. Short term use may not show any/much changes however prolonged use may cause discolouration/ weaken the material and cause easy damage.
- Please check ingredients listings carefully before use, as some natural sprays/ baby sprays may contain alcohol/ essential oils that are still considered strong degreaser (i.e. Eucalyptus Oils/ Essential Oils). Please avoid these as they may cause discolouration.
- Avoid alcohol/ alkaline based cleaning products to keep discolouration at bay. Prolonged use may weaken the material and cause it to easily tear.
- Do not use any sharp or hot objects around the mat, as it may cause puncture damages.
- Do not place heavy furniture on the play mat as it may cause puncture damages over time.
- Do not leave it in direct sunlight to avoid heat damage and/or discolouration.
- Avoid wearing shoes as it may cause puncture damage.
- Do not use pens/ permanent ink/ markers on the mat. Ball-point pen marks are not removable.
- Not suitable for steam cleaning.
- Not suitable for pets as its claws may cause puncture damages.